Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Discharged

So yesterday I went in to see the surgeon who performed my surgery. Quick in and out! He asked about my initial mobility, pain killer use, and in general how I felt immediately post surgery. 

There is still a fairly solid "ridge" underneath my skin at the incision site which is normal and will reduce over time. It does mess with the fit of my jeans a bit which is annoying! 

I was fairly pain free until the other night. I pushed it a bit harder at JKD and am feeling it in my core three days later. Not sure what exactly did it; push ups, sit-ups, maybe the initial Jun Fan boxing drills? No matter what it was I need to be aware and still use caution. 

The doctor said that it's as strong as it will ever be but still may cause some discomfort. I think running will be fine as of now but any core use will need to be done with caution as I found out on Monday.

Now begins the juggling act of making time to run. I think for now it will be night time again until the kid's sleeping becomes more routine. At least I'm looking at short runs I guess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment