Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day 11 streak?

Day 11. It's going well to say the least. The mental hole I'd been in I'm climbing out of. Physically I feel well despite a little tightness in my left hamstring and glute. 

Listened to music last night for my longest run yet, 7 miles, and it was refreshing. I used to listen to music all the time and now I remember how good it is and how happy it make me. As much as I prefer to run without I may try to use this time for music more.



Started to use my time more wisely during the day fitting in sporadic stretching and some body weight work too. I've lost a lot of strength, especially in the pull up arena but I think it will return soon. Have yet to try hand stand push ups but hand stands are fine, free standing headstands are solid too. 

Running at night still as the littlest one is still occupying my morning run time. It has been light out though but with that brings people, usually people I'd rather not encounter. I saw in the news this morning another car was dumped and burnt out on Oldington Lane where I saw the van burning previously. Another downside of night running is it takes up family time, mainly wife time as I run after the kids are asleep. Mornings no one knows I've been out even. Last night I got the "are you running every day?" Well, as of now yes. 

Day 11? Why not try streaking for the month of April? It builds fitness and makes me realize I do have time, "I don't have time" isn't an excuse. It also gets me to operate tired and keep a smile on, stay positive, realize that I'm grumpy and turn that state of mind around.

On we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment