Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 16 - the streak is dead

I guess I spoke too soon. Day 16 ends in 1:15 minutes. Yeah, I could put my running stuff on, it's sitting in front of me, and head out for an easy 3 miles to keep my streak going. But, without the support of those closest to me it looks like it will end tonight. 

No big deal really, it's not like I'm on day 100 or anything. I could most likely use the day off anyway. It just disappoints me. 

So I sit here drinking a beer thinking, I haven't had a beer in months! It makes me wonder what people would think if I drank instead of ran? I bet it would be acceptable. It would be ok and normal to piss money away and ruin my health! 

I love being a fucking weirdo! I drink very very rarely. I exercise excessively, well to some. I eat extremely healthy. I'm at the point now where I don't give a shit what people think. Laugh at my short shorts. My odd food substitutions. Yeah I am going to eat this whole fucking bag of spinach! Are you going to eat that whole fucking tube of Pringles? Well I hope you enjoy it because they're damn tasty! I'm not judging you, why judge me? Anyway....

On a positive note I had a killer JKD session tonight. Intense to say the least. I'd love to wear my heart rate monitor. Fast Jun Fan and Muay Thai boxing drills. It's damn hard work! 

It's so nice to be surrounded by such positive and encouraging people for two nights a week. People excited to help and see each other improve. It's such a great environment. When my daughter turns four I'll be sure to have her involved in the kids program. 

So my beer is gone I'm off to bed having vented. Realized the positives and moved on from the negatives. Can't wait to run tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment