Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail," Bobby Maximus

Well life kicks me down again. I need to get back on the horse. I have five weeks until Malvern Hills Ultra, a local 50 miler. I don't feel ready for it but I believe I do have time to get ready. I had a 16 mile day last week and felt really good. I need more like that. 

Preferably I'd like to do at least one twenty plus miler each week for the next four. It's doable, especially if I'm out with the buggy during the day, then run at night to get more miles in. I've been researching minimalist training routines and outcomes and it seems like a good option for now. Get a hard long run in once a week, then two other shorter but fast paced runs in the rest of the week. The other days rather than running I'll do JKD and/or calisthenics. 

The time change is helping giving more light at night which is motivating however in general I've seemed to have lost interest. Plus as always family obligations trump all and wreck me leaving no energy at night. I get out and I feel good but getting out is the obstacle. 

Still no signs of the little guy shifting his sleep pattern other than the light at night keeps him awake at night longer. Maybe it will help but he's still waking before 6am. It's like something is waking him everyday. We've turned off the radiator in his room as it may be noisy but I don't think that's it. So I keep my fingers crossed because right now I feel as if I'm barely hanging on to being a runner. The biggest motivator I have are the people at my job. They understand how difficult it can be in my situation and they are always trying to help get me going. 

Time refocus and become the hammer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment