Thursday, April 21, 2016

2 1/2 weeks out from Malvern Hills Ultra. Yes, it's mainly a training race but I'd like to do well. Ideally I'd like to run some of the course but that's not going to happen.

Week two of being back on the horse is going well. A 15 and 13 pushing the Chariot at a solid pace so far this week. The 13 followed up by another 7 at night for a solid 20. The 7 was tough as I was really tired from lack of sleep and my "job." Physically I felt good though. Hoping to finish off the week with at least 50 miles. Then next week hopefully the same, after that a short taper.

River Severn, Stourport
I need to keep tabs on my recovery. That's the weak point in this process. I can find time to train but sleep is inconsistent. I usually get about 6 hours solid sleep. Kid noises at night wake me and of course the on going early rising of my son. If I wasn't running 50 mile weeks I'd probably be fine. 

I'm playing around with the little guy's nap time. The wife thought maybe nap him in the morning and hopefully he'll be more tired at night and sleep in.  Seems to make sense so we're going for it. This morning he actually was asleep until his sister woke at 5am and needed to pee! "Daddy! Daddy! I need a pee pee! And of course he woke and didn't go back to sleep. All I need is 60 minutes more so I can naturally wake. 


River Severn, Stourport


Sleep and child management fascinate me. Less sleep, everyone is pissed off all the time and positive motivation lacks. Why haven't we evolved to sleep more efficiently in order for everyone to be happy, growing stronger and gaining from everyone's positivity? 


No comments:

Post a Comment