Tuesday, May 3, 2016

River running

the conversations you have...
Well I kept up with my plans and did two solid 50 mile weeks. The third week I had two good long runs but opted out of hitting 50 focusing on recovery. Better to be over rested than over trained for Malvern I guess. 

Holt bridge

The race is Saturday and I'm itching to run which is a good sign. Probably do a few easy runs the next few days. I've taken a long break similar to Snowdonia, I feel like it was too long since Malvern is really a long training run for South Downs 100 in June. 

life saving swing

Got out for a really nice run along the Severn Way last week that I hadn't done in a long time, a 15 mile out and back down the river. All the photos are from this. The wife took the boy along for her work store visits so I got out during the day. It's amazing how nice it gets once out of town, even just a short distance. Actually a pub on the river about 6 miles downstream is hosting a bluegrass festival in a few weeks. It's on the opposite riverbank but I think I'll be sure to do a few long runs out that way to poach a listen. The music starts at 730pm so it's just in time for my run schedule! The music will be cool motivation and hopefully will give me a huge mileage week. Should be about 12 - 13 miles round trip at sunset.

riverbank single track

Running along the river reminds me of home and also intensifies my eBay watching for a canoe! The kids may be too small (in my wife's opinion) but a canoe will be a mandatory purchase if I'm living here. 

1 comment: