Saturday, September 24, 2016

Consistency returns.

This past week was my first solid week of running in a long time. It was friggin' AWESOME! I've only ran just over 30 miles but need to hold back to avoid injury. 


It's unreal how happy I am when I'm out there. It's nice to have my head back!

Did a little exploring too this week, one area of the Wyre Forest has always been too rough for the Chariot but seemed doable now. Yeah it was a bit bumpy for efficient buggy running but nice to see new terrain. A lot of the new stuff was part of the Wyre Forest Half Marathon. 


Out running I keep looking at long term goals for running. Things like Tor des Geants and Arrowhead 135 always come to mind. The Tor in particular. To survive a race like that you need crazy durability. More and more I look at it and think what can I do now in order to finish that race two, three, even four years down the road? 

Consistency is king. Running, calisthenics, clean eating, mobility. Without consistency there will be no results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment