Friday, September 16, 2016

Crazy times lately. Not much running. No photos to share. Have been swamped with life lately. Kids. Kids. More kids. Work. Work opportunities. No sleep......

However next week I'll hopefully have the opportunity to get out on the Wyre Forest with the little guy and the Chariot Monday through Friday! Let's hope he either A. Cooperates and sleeps or B. Starts sleeping in past at least 6am! Running with him in the Chariot while he's awake is no good, he should be moving around  and not sitting on his butt so I prefer if he sleeps!

Any formal run training isn't necessary yet but I've got a bunch of stuff to test out, mainly from Inov-8. I was in the Lake District for a retailer retreat with them for work yesterday, learned a ton about their products, future products, briefly met a bunch of people I get along really well with, and got hooked up with way too much kit! Pretty cool of them. It all fits well and I'm looking forward to using it and then using that knowledge to sell it better at work.

I've only been to the Lake District twice now, the other time was for the Lakeland 100, and it's great. Mainly because I actually fit in up there! 

Been crushing the pull ups and hand stand push ups. I cut back on the high sets/low reps (100-200 total/day) and have been doing 1 rep max with weight for pull ups. Fun. Super fun! I can do one pull up with nearly 100lbs hanging off my waist! My body is adapting by recruiting more muscle fibers thus increasing my endurance as well. I'm now up to 20 strict pull ups in a row and I'm only into week 3 of 8 for this cycle. Best part is I've increased my strength but have gained zero mass. Also been playing more with l-sits and flags. The pull up routine has been transferring nicely.

JKD and calisthenics I can do throughout the day and have become my focus for now, filling that hole that no running has made. I'm itchin' though to get out and see things, escape for a bit, however my toe injury is still an unknown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment