Saturday, September 17, 2016

Shoe revelation

full moon over river front park Stourport

Got out for a full moon run the other night. It had been a long busy day so needed to escape. I know my mind has reset when I can motivate at 9pm on a Friday! 

Tried out the Inov-8 Trail Talon 275 on mixed terrain and it was a great shoe. I knew it fit me well and I had acquired a pair from the training I went to last week. Very happy with them. Actually very happy with a lot of the new styles and brands we are carrying at work.

Inov-8 Trail Talon 275
Went to work to Saturday and had a "shoe revelation." The new Altra Torin 2.5 road shoe and Lone Peak 3.0 trail shoes had come in. These had always peaked my interest and immediately tried them on. Ran on the treadmill with the Torin 2.5 and was sold! What a comfortable shoe! The Lone Peak was great too but I'm currently overloaded with trail shoes!

Altra Torin 2.5 road shoe, check out that toe box! 
Super wide toe box (great for people with bunions hint hint!) and super cushioned. I took them out for a run at lunch and bought them. Unfortunately two weeks ago I bought a pair of Saucony Ride road shoes, I was unsure of them despite being very nice, but I needed road shoes. It took all day going back and forth comparing them with Brooks Ghost, Inov-8 Road Claws, and Saucony Kinvaras. All good shoes, but I never got that "yes, this is it" feeling.

The Torin immediately was good. That's how shoes should feel when you put them on.

Just noticed that Strava hasn't been showing my recent runs. Oh well, nothing special anyway! I think I haven't been "unlocking" them so they are staying hidden. 


1 comment: