Tuesday, November 22, 2016

After my motivational boost of "24 weeks until TP100" I was psyched to start a focused training plan. Tuesday would've been day 1 however I woke with a muscle spasm in my lower back which forced a day off. Today is Wednesday and it has yet to subside. In other positive running news the little guy still refuses to shift his sleep pattern. No matter what he gets up between 5 and 6 am, usually closer to 5. Honestly waking early doesn't bother me, but what does is he wakes angry, and in turn wakes the entire house! So everyone is grumpy all the time here due to lack of sleep. Me due to lack of running!

Perpetual November has begun. It's gray and raining, temperatures between 40 and 50. This will last until spring. What a miserable place to live. 

Fingers crossed my back gets better today so maybe I can get away from everyone tonight. 

On a positive note in the morning when the little guy fries his brain on his iPad watching cartoons I've been not only doing calisthenics and JKD but I've begun meditating again. It's been a fun challenge focusing with background distractions while meditating. I used to meditate daily for ten minutes, in silence, before I went running early in the morning. I definitely feel it helps in everything, even such a short span. Lately I'll get 10-20 minutes in which is great but I'm trying not to brood over the numbers, I'll be happy with what I get. This is the same with running, I can race on the minimums, would prefer more, but need to focus on taking what I get! 


No comments:

Post a Comment