Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week 18

An uneventful week I guess, let's just call it a recovery week with limited sleep! 

I had intentions of one last interval workout but it just seemed to slip through the cracks. Family stress got the better of me I guess which is usually the cause of a failed plan. 

The little guy is no longer napping so my run options are early morning or night, the main reason for no intervals, nap time was ideal noisy treadmill time. He's been waking anytime after 1am for a stressful but brief 30 minutes too. No idea why, possibly the wind has been waking him up. Our windows can hum a bit due to some stupid vent on them. He's also waking at 530am again which makes the morning option I dream of less appealing. He's not sleeping enough, I just wish he'd give me more time! So, I've been a zombie. The limited and inconsistent sleep crushes me. 

Absolutely nothing worse than going for a 13 plus mile run after 830pm. Last night I wasn't sure if I could run the final mile I was so tired. It didn't help the wife was talking on her phone into the night on Saturday keeping me awake even longer. I need better ear plugs. I felt like shit all day Sunday, I even nodded off on the couch briefly, only to be woken by the kids. 

On a positive note I saw a ton of wildlife along the canal. Frogs and toads. These weird little Pygmy deer the size of dogs. Odd reflective eyes flashing back at me, mostly cats, but one set was in the water! I couldn't tell what that one was. Fish surfacing. I flush roosting birds. An owl flew across the beam of my light, that was really cool, I usually just hear them! 

I hit my mileage goal though. Consistency is key. I'm hoping today, Monday, I'll get a solid night sleep since I'm off from running today. 

My toe injury has been fine. It's there but doesn't hurt when I run. I'm just going to run through it. It's an odd and inconsistent, light, dull pain. With no swelling or bruising my boss thinks it could be nerve related but it doesn't feel like nerve pain at all. On we go. 

Unsure of this weeks goals. With no interval work this past week my recovery week is early. I may just take another easy mileage week and then begin the tempo run phase I have planned as normal. Rest is good. It's when you grow stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment