Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 21

lunch run during work, River Severn and Worcester Cathedral
And the "rest" week is over. I hit 40 miles this week focusing on super easy running, trying to get rest, and a few days of foam rolling. No intervals. This week is intended as a break from the difficult and time to give the body a period to adapt after being stressed with intervals the previous three weeks. Adapt and become more efficient.

Canal near Kidderminster
Most runs were super easy paced, super low heart rate. 8 minute miles are uncommon for me but many of my runs that was the average. Easy days MUST be easy. The true test was today (Sunday). I got out for 13 miles on the canal, flat and easy. My heart rate was low but I ran easily about 7 minute pace. My body had adapted and it showed.

graffiti along the canal 

So the next four week phase begins. Intervals again as I did previously. I'm hoping for the first week to get in three interval sessions. The big question will be if the little guy naps and gives me a chance to hit the treadmill! He's on and off lately with naps. The treadmill has worked perfectly for these workouts as I don't live conveniently close to longer hills so the treadmill on incline is ideal for ramping up my heart rate.

Training has been odd lately. I never run at the same time so some weeks it feels like I'm not even running. I take advantage of the time I can get; morning, during nap time, at work, at night, etc. I'd love to have a consistent plan but as always I'll take what I can get! It could also be the fact that I'm only running 40 miles a week with maybe only one quasi-long run.

In flux. As always. Stay positive. One day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment