Sunday, February 19, 2017

Week 19

Another week nearly complete. It went alright I guess. My training is all over the place pertaining to when I run which makes it feel like I'm not even training and not doing enough. It's an odd sensation. I would much prefer to have a consistent training schedule.

Bullock Bridge on the canal

Running at night totally sucks. Saturday I had a long day that started with the little guy up early, 5am. Then a day at work. The kids refusing to go to bed. I finally got out the door after 830pm to get in an 8 mile run. Training at night will forever be the absolute worst time to be out. Exhausted from a full day, motivation usually lacks, but I guess now with such a huge goal of WS100 coming up I need to take what I can get. One of my interval sessions ended up being at night as well, no nap = no daytime running. This was almost both workouts this week but the second time when the little guy refused to nap he fortunately fell asleep on the couch and I was able to get him to bed!

chasing foot paths

I managed two interval workouts as planned on the treadmill. Both went ok. I'm seeing and experiencing the effects of previous hard efforts. These treadmill sessions are all the same workout, they just accumulate breaking down your body until the phase is over. It becomes tougher to get my heart rate higher because my legs are tired out. The odd thing is that my speed is increasing. It's possible that my tired legs are actually an overall tired me from lack of sleep and all the other outside stresses associated with a family.


Hartlebury Castle

Speaking of outside stress, family, and my mentions of when I get out. I was surely on track to begin running in the morning all the time again. The little guy was waking consistently at 630am. Then all of a sudden there was a "need" to get him in a regular bed and out of his crib. Well that just has screwed everything up. He now totally refuses naps, the time I usually do intervals. It also seems that when he doesn't nap he wakes up earlier than normal. So that glorious 630am I'd been oh so happy with is now inconsistent and earlier. One day at a time I guess.

I'm beginning to feel the effects of it as well. I'm more tired all the time, grumpy in the afternoons, more coffee intake. I hope it just doesn't stomp me forcing me to take a longer break.  


chasing foot paths

 I didn't think I'd have any photos for this post, however, after writing all the above I got out for an awesome 15 miler in the afternoon. I didn't have an opportunity to touch up the photos so they're "as is." Fitness-wise everything went excellent; heart rate and pace were perfect, body felt decent. I ended up exploring a bit. I started taking random country lanes heading in the general direction of home, one I passed behind Hartlebury Castle. Then onto some public foot paths. I wasn't really lost but covering new terrain and came to a "t" intersection of paths. I ran up to a man working in his driveway and asked which way to Stourport? He kindly sent me in the right direction! Onto some really cool single track, pass some historic sites, supposedly WWII anti tank blockades, and soon at familiar terrain.

An excellent run to finish the week. The only bad thing was that my old JKD toe injury came back out of nowhere after dinner. It's never hurt while I've been running, but has me concerned. Only time will tell. One more week of intervals, then a rest week, and time to attempt to increase my mileage.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment