Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 15

screen shot of  WS100 sub 24hr buckle
Another challenging week managing time and getting out the door. So far I've made it work. I've still got to run 13 miles today, fortunately easy ones!
For some reason I keep taking Tuesday off; tired, unmotivated, shitty weather. I'm not even sure what my excuse is but the past two weeks I've done it and made the rest of the week tough. Wednesday I had another tempo session which was good. I found a nice loop incorporating the canal and bike path to avoid cars and town as much as possible. The canal sucks if it's wet, real slippery, but decent with a headlamp at night. I prefer it as it's flat and consistent but most of all no people. The heckling I receive seems to be growing at a fast rate for some reason. It's ridiculous but so annoying. Once again, I'm different and don't fit in so I'm a target of ridicule. I hate people as much as running at night. Morning = no people! 

Side note: the little guy is still waking before 6am randomly. 
Thursday I stepped out the door post JKD with intentions of 8 - 10 easy miles. To begin I was exhausted. I step out the door and it starts raining, the wind has picked up. I'm under dressed. As I'm running a car passes me, they clean their wind shield and of course I get hit directly in the face with washer fluid! WTF! Motivation is waning even more now and I'm not even a mile in! Next my shoe lace comes undone, I'm already planning a shorter run now, then my other shoe lace comes undone a few minutes later! Now I'm doing the math to see if I can make my weekly goal if I run "x" miles tonight in hopes I'll perk up a bit forgetting about my current state. It doesn't work. I'm heading in hoping for three miles tonight. My shoe lace comes undone. Again. Done. Angry and disappointed.

flowers in Worcester


Friday wasn't much better, I was planning another tough tempo run. I was achy all day long for what ever reason. I didn't even try. The math for my weekly goal was adding up but Saturday and Sunday would be tough, I'll need 27 miles over two days, let's hope I feel better. Physically 27 is easy, but when you are sleep deprived and free time is so limited it makes it significantly harder.

Saturday I ran to and from my car at work scraping in 4 total miles. No lunch run as only two of us working. I got a coffee at 5pm as a Saturday night motivator. I made it happen. Tempo session Saturday night, 10 miles. 13 to go on Sunday!

So here we are digging deep. I'm curious how my high mileage weeks will be in a month or so.

In non-complaining news I've got my volunteer hours lined up. There's a 50km in Brecon Beacons that incorporates a 10KM, half, and full marathon, I've secured not only a volunteer spot with, but I get to be a sweeper! So add a 30 mile mountain run to my training mid May! Really excited about this. As a bonus they invited me to go out with them for one of their crew members' birthdays the night before the event! I'm planning to leave work early, drive the hour and a half, then hang out, we'll sleep in the town hall, then help out at the race Sunday! Really excited to hang out with people like me!

Worcester run commute


May training seems to be falling into place. Every weekend I've got a long run/race planned. Getting heavy miles may actually happen as hoped for! Malvern Hills Ultra 52, Brecon Beacons 50km, then Worcester Marathon most likely. Then it's taper time!  If I can get this month right, stay healthy, motivated, I should be pretty set up for WS100. The weekend high miles are planned so should happen, I just need to add a few weekday runs too. Thinking it all out I CAN do the miles, I just need to get the rest which is up to the little guy!

This coming week is the same as the past two, shooting for 40 plus miles and at least two tempo sessions. Here we go................

sparkly?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment