Sunday, September 15, 2019

Back up to normal mileage just about. Have yet to run today and finish the week off but I’m at 39 miles and wanted at least 40 so I’m happy. The foot issue remains but I’m still hammering away at it. I understand that it can take time to go, I’ve accepted that and am doing the work. 





I paid for the Lakeland 50 so will hopefully race that in late July. I’d like to enter sine other 50km races as training races as well. It’s a good way to get miles in but we’ll see. 





The first week of both kids in school was exhausting but good. I can easily get an extra 5 mile run after work which is great. Theoretically I can run 18 mile days Monday through Friday if I want or need to. Saturday’s I could get in up to 21. That’s with working Monday through Saturday. It’s nice to see time opening up and become available that doesn’t interfere with family. I have big plans for training however some of these ideas will interfere with family which I don’t prefer however they’d have great benefits. 



So back to easy base miles, strength work, and chasing this plantar fasciitis. I’ve fallen off the JKD habit which sucks but have been practicing Muay Thai at home. It’s less complicated and easier to jump in with a short practice session when I’m tired. Too much to juggle I guess, something always slips. 




The Tor des Geants has been going on all week so I’ve been obsessed with training for it, curious what other people do. I get down and lose confidence when I see people who live and train in the mountains or are able to fly to Italy or France for four weeks to train. Must be nice. I think back to when I could’ve done that but I guess when I lived that life I took full advantage of it, at least I hope, doing other things. Either way I realize I’m older now and life has other challenges and just finishing one of these events is unreal. 

A few photos from recent runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment