Saturday, September 21, 2019

Finished the week off with 45 miles. Taking today, Sunday, off. Been feeling alright but darkness has come and soon the colder temperatures and rain will arrive challenging progress.


Severn Way entering Worcester

The other day the Worcester bridge was clogged up due to protests so I parked a few miles outside of town and ran the Severn Way in to work. Nice little three mile run to, and then a couple extra miles  on my way back. Nice change of scenery but will likely be muddy in the winter.




I managed to get a new rain jacket off eBay. A super pimp Arc’teryx Norvan running specific hardshell. Very excited to test it out. Their products have always been top notch however anytime “waterproof breathable” is mentioned I become skeptical especially when being used for high output activity. Nothing ever breathes enough. Initial impression, the fit is awesome as expected, however the hood could use an elastic adjuster to cinch it up a bit. It’s really stripped down to save weight. It does seem though if using a hat underneath or visor the hood will “track” with your head turns which is good. The Montane Minimus I have is fantastic for hood tracking however the durability is low overall. I was really tempted to try a Montane Stretch Minimus to avoid the plastic bag noise you get running in a hard shell but the Norvan peaked my interest because it’s a bit heavier duty without adding weight. Thinking and dreaming of high mountain European races a stout jacket would be nice.


Rad spinning elbow photo!

Mid day I had my second Muay Thai grading. It went really well. Compared to JKD it’s a lot less nerve racking. It’s much more physically intense and less mentally exhausting. Of course there’s proper technique to all of it but a lot more hard fast hitting. You walk away soaked in sweat. I earned my orange armband and of course had a lot of fun. 


Lots and lots of Thai round kicks 

I wanted to improve my speed and reaction time and this seems to be perfect. JKD is much more varied in what you do day to day which is super fun. However Muay Thai is far more focused, I feel I get more practice on the basics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment