Wednesday, March 11, 2020

(Temporary Backup) (Temporary Backup) [Auto-saved Post]

Not sure if anything is better or not with my leg. I’m lined up for another physio appointment on the 24th, I pushed it back a week. I hit the treadmill at work to test shoes and there’s pain but it’s tolerable. Stretching my back seems to help but that could just be placebo. I also did manage a three mile trail run the other day. It hurt but the pain didn’t reduce me to a walk. I guess that’s progress. 

On a positive note with the record breaking floods this winter, since I’ve been injured, all my run commute routes have been underwater so I at least can’t bitch about floods and missing miles due to reroutes! 

So I’m still supplementing with the bike in the garage and more intense strength routines. Bike is boring but the strength stuff can be fun. I’ve gained noticeable upper body strength which is fun. 

Need a workout? Did this last week and it’s a doozy. It’s called the “Holy Trinity” and made up by Bobby Maximus, previously of Gym Jones, a fantastic  motivator and trainer. 

Three exercises: push ups, dips, pull ups. Here’s the routine. As many reps as possible for 30 minutes. I decided on each round I’d do 5 push-ups, 3 dips, 3 pull-ups in order to pace myself. It’s obviously a strength workout but the 30 minutes adds a cardio aspect to it so it’s a lot of bang for your buck. 

Anyway, I think I’m over the hump of  “can’t run.” I’m losing weight which is likely muscle and I’m tempted to sell my ridiculous Nike Next % shoes. I no longer see myself as a runner. I feel like I’m tired of trying and it’s time to give up. Maybe in the future I’ll start again but I don’t see an end in sight for this pain. I’m hoping the virus bullshit cancels the West Highland Way Race so I can get some money back. 

In better news I’ve got a Muay Thai grading next Sunday. I know the curriculum well and am ready for it but I’d love to escape for once to the open mat session at the academy. Sunday mornings until noon you can meet up and train with other people. It’s a great opportunity to get one on one training in IF I can get away without grief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment