Thursday, April 23, 2020

I’d say I’m at 80%. Small amount of injury discomfort after running but slowly starting to regain my running fitness. Sometimes I think it’s just me getting old too! Real creaky in the morning first thing, it takes a couple miles to warm up. 


No sitting. 

More and more I’m realizing how important the post run or even nightly foam roller/stretch sessions are. It’s not hard to do or time consuming, it’s prioritizing it. Just a little work on my quads, hips, and glutes helps my knees and back feel much better. Ever since Thames Path 100 my left knee has been painful first thing, then once I warm up it normally gets better. I’ve been trying to stretch and massage my quad and also ice my knee more to improve this and it’s been working. A good routine for minor things like this is massage (foam roll) above and below the injury site to loosen everything up. 


Sunset


Sunrise 

Considering a double digit run on Sunday, it will be nice to be out longer so fingers crossed my legs are up for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment