Monday, April 13, 2020

Managed to escape for a bit on Easter. Ran a loop I’ve only done once before. It follows a disused railway to an old overgrown train tunnel. I’d stumbled upon this tunnel in the past researching the “wrinkles” on a map. The geography didn’t match up with a flat railway so I figured there has got to be a tunnel! Maps, so fun to explore the “wrinkles.” 


Severn Way vegetation starting to blossom. 


Sandstone carvings colored with chalk. “♥️ NHS” paying tribute to the National Health Service.


The approach.


Would love to relax around this fire.





Out the other side. 


Always fun to find spots like this. It’s amazing that it’s not more of a hang out for kids. Obviously there’s a makeshift seat and fire, a little graffiti, but you’d think this would be a party hot spot. I think the culture is different here to where I grew up. Kids, even at my age, weren’t very outdoorsy. It wasn’t a party without a DJ and turntables spinning shitty (in my opinion) dance music. I wonder if a drinking age of 18 had an influence on it as well? 

Decent run though. Easy 5 plus miles, longest I’ve ran in a while, let’s hope it keeps improving as I’m really enjoying getting out alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment