Wednesday, April 8, 2020

We are churning along. Running every other day 3-4 miles. Trying to hit the bike on the non-running days. Still doing a lot of strength work which has been great. Squeezing in whatever martial arts I can all day long and usually a virtual class every other day. Definitely keeping personally busy which is good. 



Injury is ok. I’m not sure if I’m weak getting back to it but I feel sluggish. Should be expected I guess. Pain is tolerable, nearly unnoticeable, until about 4 miles. Then it’s very mild. So I’m heading in the right direction, and it’s sure nice to be out there! 



With the two weeks of home school the stage was set for no iPads during school time for the kids so despite officially off from school on Easter break for two weeks iPads are being kept off limits for those times. I’m still not happy with the amount of time they spend on these things but at least some sort of limit has been set.



The kids have difficultly occupying themselves, I have to be involved it seems, so I’m busy all day. It can be frustrating but I think it is just what kids are like these days. Very dependent on others or other things to immediately satisfy their boredom. Boredom doesn’t exist it seems, devices, internet, tv have set a standard of you get what you want now. Parents are guilty too. We’ve fallen for it. The “can I have” or “I want” is fulfilled with next day delivery. It honestly sucks. But the standard is set. 

Sun is out, temps are warming. Perpetual November is going away! 






No comments:

Post a Comment