Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Other than the days getting shorter this summer seems to be taking forever. It's seemingly endless, which sounds like a good thing, but I'm ready for it to be over. I have a tiny bit more me-time with work when the kids are at school. Well I guess it will come soon, only about three and half weeks until they are back I think. 


early morning country lanes


We are back at the academy training however with little to no people contact. Any contact is with a heavy punching bag or via kali sticks which is better than nothing. JKD has been great because with the schedule change there are now two black belt specific classes a week! I've been enjoying it but with early morning running, kids all day, then class, I forgot how foggy my brain can be at night. Any technical classes can be difficult. 


van by the river

The kids are back at their Tae Kwon Do class as well which has been good. I've been taking part in order to pad feed so it's essentially a normal class for them. Annabelle has been insisting on going twice a day as well! There's been a morning class, which we are taking full advantage of, and then an evening class on Wednesday and Friday. It's been an easy option to get the kids out of the house which has been good. Unfortunately I work Saturday so we can't get to the class that day as well. Colby seems a bit more interested now but time will tell with him, he's really interested in what I do but just too little. There will likely be a point where TKD will no longer be good for Annabelle, it's very kick intensive, which she will run into significant difficulty with, but there are other options; kids kickboxing and also kids krav maga if she decides to continue.


berry season snacks


Running is running. I had been increasing speed work and trying to focus on a longer run toward the weekend and of course too much too soon brings injury. I know better you'd think however fast is fun, and such a release during tough times. My feet are both bothering me, medial inside of my left foot and my second metatarsal head on my right foot. Both runnable, but do cause discomfort, mental and physical. I need to resolve them though. I couldn't handle another big lay off like spring. A lot going on in life right now and I need the escape. 


sunrise

Any big plans or ideas are on hold, not that anything was set in stone, but it's always nice to have a plan just in case time opens up. Autumn is usually a better time for trail running anyway as most trails can be really overgrown this time of year. No one like running through fields of nettle.    


kitten annoying me post run. For once everyone slept in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment