Friday, November 20, 2020

Another week where life gets in the way. 

Our kitchen lights have been shit since we moved in. It’s an obvious DIY job gone wrong. We finally got the lights together and I finished painting the ceiling. The electrician arrives Wednesday and we’re expecting an easy fix. I’m also expecting to run an easy 7 - 10 miles so opt to not run early. 

12 hours of electrical work, cutting 5 access holes in the freshly plastered and painted ceiling, we only have 1/2 the lights working and I haven’t ran. I say “we” because the electrician is a friend and I’m there to help. He exposes an utter shit show of amateur work and plans to write out the circuit at home trying to figure out what the fuck this guy has done! 

A day goes by, I finish painting the toy room, and the electrician returns, today, Friday morning. I have a 25 mile run planned. 

I’m guessing it will be an easy in out within a hour. We have two lights to link up with the switches and the 14 other lights already linked and rewired. 

He’s got a few ideas, they don’t work. We then discover a hidden switch that has been linked to the other switch. The previous asshole didn’t have the correct wiring and used what he had,  using the earth as a live wire to link the switches! The reason why we ended with everything overloading. The friggin’ earth was live! 

So we end with answers, a plan to eliminate the dual switches, and a plan to avoid tearing apart the walls. He leaves four hours later leaving me with 2 hours to run 25 miles. Ain’t gonna happen.

Frustrated about training I motivate to at least get in 10 trail miles before the kids get home. I nearly just didn’t go. 

It was no one’s fault. It’s just an example of how life gets in the way. I struggle mentally with it though. It’s “just running“ says one side of my head, the other says “I need” to get the miles in! Training is going so well! 

During the entire run I tried to figure when I could run. Run 15 tonight after the kids go to bed, run early tomorrow and late at night, etc. the list goes on. I’m still toiling over it. It’s just running. 


No comments:

Post a Comment