Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday Long Run.... mainly photos!




Back into the groove again as the next four week cycle begins in training. Have had a decent week but still have today, Saturday, and tomorrow to go. Nothing crazy really but as I’ve learned life can build and get in the way. 


Had a solid long run yesterday. All of the photos are from it and taken with my GoPro. I didn’t edit any of them on the blog but if you happen to see them on Instagram or to the right they’ve definitely been manipulated a bit. Still getting used to using the camera for videos and still images.


Not much really to report. It was a sunny yet cool autumn day yesterday which was nice. Today looks to be rain all day for my planned 12 miles. It’s been really muddy where expected but fortunately no falls. Good testing though for shoes, mainly to see not only how well they grip but how well they drain water and shed mud.



Got to see the loggers working with their harvesters which was cool. I posted a photo in my last post of one of these machines. So cool how they fell the tree, cut all the branches off, then cut it into shorter lengths all without dropping the entire tree! 



Managed 25 miles and just shy of 4000 feet of vertical which was what I needed. I was expecting a couple more miles but my estimate came up a bit short. My foot continues to bother me but it’s runnable so I avoid spending money on getting it seen by a professional. I just need to be diligent with what remedies I know if I’m going to roll those dice a bit longer.  


Leading up to my goal 100 mile race the end of January I’ve ran more 20 plus mile training runs than ever before. I was having a look back at my training logs and it’s unreal how few I had ran! It looks like 2, maybe three 20 milers were my normal lead up. I have another 8 to 10 weeks of training until I taper and I’ve logged five 25 mile runs and one 20 miler! All with a suitable amount of vertical as well! Fingers crossed Covid doesn’t cancel the race! As long as this mild injury gets better things are right on track! 


Bonus of running through an orchard! 

Yes, a great day out running yesterday. And I’ve gotten a ton of house DIY done this week as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment