Thursday, January 4, 2024

Signs are saying no to the Arc. My friend Greg who lives in Cornwall said the weather has been horrid and the underfoot conditions will be extremely poor, part of the experience but it doesn’t instill confidence! Not good for an ankle that’s 80% at best. 

He also can’t crew me like he did last time as he’s out of town.  Likely could recruit my friend James who lives down there too but I just don’t know. My quad had been bothering me as well. Seems to be a reoccurring knot I’ve dealt with in the past. I can run on it but it’s not 100% and who knows what will happen after 30 miles. 

The big draw seems to be that I’ll be seeing and running with people I kind of know. I’ll get to be a part of the community. I also seem to be looking for some validation locally here. I don’t know why I care but partially because I want to promote my job (running store) but also seem to want to get some recognition in the local running community where I live. I’m very experienced in these things compared most and am kind of a sleeper. I stay away from social media, I lurk, I keep to myself. Like I said, why do I even care? I don’t have time for a social life or to meet up to run with people. Maybe it’s just normal to want to be a part of something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment