Monday, March 18, 2013

PureGrits and the shits

another grey day

Had been pretty solid in the running department until Saturday. Who knows what brought it on but I've had the shits since Saturday night, stomach cramps, no appetite and now my entire body aches. Oh, and the little one must have some more teeth on the way as she has been freaking out abnormally. Sure would be nice to live near family for a hand as the wife is in London today and tomorrow. Fun. So Sunday off, Monday off, Tuesday who knows. Ugh. Tore down a big bowl of cereal this morning, kind of rolled the dice with that one, but it's holding strong so far!

Brooks PureGrit2

I did acquire a pair of the Brooks PureGrit 2's though on Saturday so soon I'll be sending off my PureGrit v.1 to get resoled at Lancashire Sports Repair. It still blows my mind that many of the reviews on this shoe claim the out sole works great in mud, yeah maybe pulverized granite of the western US mixed with water, not REAL mud. Looking at the v.2 I'm curious how they'll work in the muck too, skeptical. They almost look like they would be a great on-road off-road shoe. Well either way I know that the new soles I'm planning will work great and if I need to I'll resole the v.2 as well.

Great in all conditions my ass!
Anyway, one other fun thing that rears it's head when I feel like crap is the question, "what am I going to do when the little one is off at school?" Any professional experience I had is now gone. Experience outdated/gone. I have a useless degree. I have a plethora of useless knowledge pertaining to outdoor sports equipment and technical clothing from the years of retail work I've done. Where does that get me? No where but a retail job paying $10 an hour. Hey but I like retail, I honestly really do enjoy it. But all it will do is pass the time, there really isn't any self achievement involved, no self gratification. All you do is enjoy your day working for someone else, questioning their decisions, being held back, or being allowed to roll with it for limited pay. That's what full time retail seems to get you.

The wife says "you can take a course" essentially meaning go back to school. Well for what and by the time that happens I'll be almost 40. Most likely not worth it. So as much fun and as challenging being a stay at home dad is the future is grim. I guess I'll deal with it when the time comes as currently I really don't have time for this lame blog even as anytime the computer comes out the little one wants it!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted about the resole, I think it will be a winner.    

No comments:

Post a Comment