Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sickness, snow, and hitting the reset button

Been kind of a miserable week for training. Well the GI issues I mentioned stuck with for about 5 days and I'm finally feeling a bit better as of yesterday.

No idea where it came from but the wife and little one got it too but they got vomiting as well! Norovirus maybe?

Anyway, that pretty much shot the week of training. A week I was hoping to go big with and put in a next step up in my weekend long runs. Ended up with about a 20 mile week at the most.

I also neglected to stretch. BIG mistake. The leg medial knee injury (that I now think is a pes anserinus issue, not MCL) has returned. I stretched the heck out of it last night which helped but this could have been prevented.

Resetting and slowly getting back on track again. The weather has been snowy, windy, and wet. Doesn't bother me much but we are planning on heading to Scotland over Easter. I had some cool runs planned in the mountains but I think they may be snowed in. I guess I had better consider my gear choices then, maybe at the very least throw in my Kahtoola Microspikes.

Anyway, off today, may ride the bike for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment