Friday, April 26, 2013

Just can't win this year

Well in my last post I mentioned some odd foot pain I had. I wasn't too worried about it until now. On Thursday I awoke at my normal time, 5am, and headed out the door. It was a nice morning for running and was feeling good actually. Good for the first time in a while.

Then about 3 miles into a 10 miler my foot flared up in pain so bad I had to stop! I tried to massage and stretch whatever was wrong with it out but I couldn't free it. The outside of my right foot had an intense pain that would not go away.

So I turned around and walked for a while trying not to put any pressure on it. The tried running which only made it worse. Then I finally perfected an odd "run on my big toe" jog which helped get me home a bit quicker. So my 6 miles took an hour.

So it's ice, massage, rest, elevation, ibuprofen for me and my foot. No idea what is wrong. I think Malvern Ultra is out of the question next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment