Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Moving in the right direction maybe?

Well I'm hanging in there. I think I'm starting to pull it together again. Still unsure about Malvern Ultra in two weeks but there is nothing I can do but give it a go. I am on a team now with the same guy I raced with at the Beacons Ultra. He has won the Malvern Ultra the past two years I believe but is injured. So, we'll do what we can.

The wife was commenting on my caloric intake so I started to monitor what I'm eating. Considering I run most days 7 - 15 miles, then do a calisthenics workout which isn't easy, then get out with the little one walking I must be torching the calories. Add to that my diet high in fruits and vegetables and I run into a pretty low caloric intake unless I eat a ton of food. So, the past few days I've been tracking and yep, I'm on the low side on days I run. The first day I was down 1000 calories! So, since then I've upped my intake. I always try to keep it high fat, high protein, low sugar, avoid wheat and dairy, and looking at my intake I'm definitely doing that.

So this maybe the cause of this down spell maybe? I think I'll get through this next race and then focus on smaller stuff locally, more speed work, hills, but still work up my mileage looking at the Longmynd Hike in October and Beacons Ultra in November (both 50 milers) in the long term.

view from the peanut rocket, yep she's asleep in there! 

Anyway, got out today with the little one in the Chariot. She fell asleep immediately and I got in 7 plus miles at about 8 minute/mile pace. Not bad pushing a stroller on a bumpy path! I sure get funny looks here with that thing! I already am "that guy" who runs all the time, add in the Chariot and I definitely don't fit in! I guess I never really have anyway!

Oh, got my resoled Brooks PureGrits back. Holy shit are they rugged! I'll get some photos up tomorrow and do a little write up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment