Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Back on my feet

After a five days off my foot seems better which is a relief. Been stretching. rolling, icing, ibuprofening, elevating as I can. Today got out for 4 miles to see how it is and I ran with no pain. Post run it was still there though. I think it's being caused by my calf. I've been running on my mid to fore foot pretty diligently and had been feeling some calf soreness so I'm guessing that was the cause so I'm going to work on my calves some more to loosen them up and maybe lay off the technique change so much.

Dropped out of the Malverns Ultra due to the foot. I still could do it I think but I'm not all that confident in my long run fitness anyway so maybe this foot thing was a sign. Oh well, I'm over it and now I'll focus more on the long term.

After five mornings off I was tempting to throw in the towel on this running thing! Sure was relaxing reading in the mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment