Sunday, April 27, 2014

Break on through

Despite being sick and having some odd toe injury, my fuck it and move on/push through mentality is sticking. The past two weeks have been my best two of running all year. They are right where I should be mileage-wise. 

Yes, I'm tired, but isn't that the name of the game? Dealing with being exhausted and trying to stay positive I feel is a huge part of the training. Obviously there is a fine line you ride tempting injury to come knocking, however, dealing with being uncomfortable is what it's about. 

Yesterday I felt like crap. The little one was up at night for an hour or so, I didn't get to sleep until 930pm, and the alarm went off at 4am. I initially changed my route reducing my mileage however I was up early and had the time to kill so I just kept going, exploring, got lost, worked on my "stinging nettle sensitivity", did a couple unintentional out and backs, and ended up at home with 16.5 miles considering killing another fifteen minutes just to sneak in a couple more. Oh, all well before the little one woke at 715am!

I felt like crap but moved on from that and got done what I needed to get done because I had the opportunity. Time is precious, I need to make the most of it. 

I had wanted to run the Worcester Marathon which is in a week. I wanted to race it and do well. I don't think I'm up for racing it. Running it yes. So, if it all works out with the family I'll most likely do it for the miles. Of course you never lose that race mentality so how I feel will be the judge of pace. I hate to do anything less than 3 hours but do I go for that goal, crash, burn, and get some experience in the pain cave? Or do I take it easy and enjoy it? I don't know. I don't even know if I can get in still! 

Positivity and confidence have been renewed.


No comments:

Post a Comment