Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday run

Managed nearly 17 miles this morning despite the little one waking at 3am for about a half hour. As much as the 4 am alarm clocks can be lame, once you're up and going it's awesome! I didn't hear one car for the initial few miles through town, just birds. Love it! Cold though, my phone said 34 F but along the River Severn and the low lying areas I run through I think it was below freezing.

setting moon along the River Severn near Arley

I was definitely sore as expected. My toe hurt too but didn't fluctuate much which was good I guess. Hips were sore again. I think the hip pain is from the recent addition of some gymnastics exercises, sure is annoying. Pretty mellow pace averaging around 7:50 minute miles, just need the miles so no worries about speed. 

Tomorrow shooting for 14 miles but we'll see. Could be a struggle but running when you feel like shit is ideal training as long as I'm not promoting injury. 

And one more photo of sunrise. I've got a few of these at different exposures, none of then turned out great but a little tweaking on my computer and they could be alright. Just need to find the time! 

sunrise over the Rifle Range/ Devil's Spittleful

   

No comments:

Post a Comment