Monday, April 28, 2014

Lakeland = 0 points towards UTMB!

Intended to post this last week but must have been distracted! 

Recently I saw some chat on the Lakeland 100 Fartbook group about whether or not it is a UTMB qualifier. When I registered it was, the LL100 webpage had the UTMB logos, the UTMB had it on the big list. 

I emailed the LL100 people to see what the exact deal was. Ends up LL100 no longer is worth any points towards UTMB! Looks as if the UTMB people are charging £100 to be a qualifying race and the guys at LL100 aren't into that. Understandably so I guess but kind of lame this happened now rather than four months ago when I was rushing to find a UTMB qualifier to register for!  

So now I need to scramble to find a race or races adding up to 3 points if I want a try at UTMB! I've got 4 from Superior and need 7. Nothing wrong with doing another race I guess but kind of fouls any plan I had for training and hopefully it works out with my family! 

This is added a few hours later-------

Just looked at the UTMB site. Looks like now you need 8 points, not 7 as well! So scramble for 4 points and be sure that the race is a qualifier. This seems to be in limbo still too. Many of the races that were qualifiers have a note next to them "to be checked". This should be "pending checks cashed". 

I guess UTMB may not happen. But who knows, maybe I can gobble together something.


No comments:

Post a Comment