Friday, April 18, 2014

Here we go again

So here we are. It's now or never to train.

After quite some time of poor quality training, injury, lack of motivation, and whatever other excuses I've got we are running again. Last week I took five solid days off and this week I decided to just push on through. And, it seems to be working.

moon setting over canal

The last three days I've knocked out 30 miles with hopes of another 30 over the weekend. The toe hurts but doesn't get worse. My hip is kind of sore on the iliac crest. Overall I am tired but motivated. 

So a little more of a focus on stretching and mobility hopefully will get me loosened up and another week of consistent running and then hopefully my only complaint will be tiredness. I like the sound of that.

It's amazing how the people's attitudes in your immediate life reflect on you. Positivity, motivation, and general well being seem to be directly influenced by those around you. Don't they say it's best to surround yourself with positive people? 

bridge along the Severn Way

I guess it's too soon to judge how I will feel in July for Lakeland after this nearly 2 month hiccup so I am going to mainly focus on getting in the miles to finish the race. The ultimate goal, outside of being safe and finishing, is hanging on to enough qualifying points for Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc 2015. With Superior 100 and Lakeland 100 this gets me there. Then I can have a second try at the lottery with a little help from not getting in for 2014. 

Depending on how I feel during Lakeland quitting is not an option however how much effort I put in to finishing in the front will be decided during the race. 

The light in the mornings is growing which has been great, time to carry the camera as the phone camera isn't sufficient as you can tell in the above photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment