Friday, May 8, 2015

Outside is good!



After a stint of really being down about a lot of things I've snapped out of it and am back to normal. No idea where it came from or what you'd call it but whether I was tired or depressed I don't know but damn I felt like shit. 



So what got me out of this mental slump? Running and being outside! I used to spend all my time outside now that time is significantly less. However with my son being a bit older now and daughter being away three days a week an opportunity arose. 



So I loaded the car with the Chariot running stroller the night before, I'm not a jogger hence the use of "running" not "jogging". Then in the morning got my running stuff organized, loaded the kids, and dropped my daughter off at nursery. Then headed to the Wyre Forest! 



The Wyre has quite a few fire roads which are perfect for the stroller, sure some are muddy and potholed but nothing my son, the stroller, or I can't handle! 

Fortunately my son's feeds lined up well and I have been able to run with him on the Wyre Forest during the day without stopping! New scenery, new terrain, and a great training partner (even if he does sleep!). 



Yesterday I did a test run and got in 5.5 miles. I accepted the fact I may have to stop to feed and today knocked out 8.5 miles! It was awesome and my positivity has returned! I even banged out a solid pace pushing the stroller! 



So I'm back at it with more running options since my mornings are still unavailable! 

I am psyched! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad to see you are back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Nice to be taking photos again too, even if they are just with my phone!

    ReplyDelete