Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tiredness and time off can be fun



Holy shit am I exhausted.

So ten days or so ago a few family members arrived from the USA and sleep deprivation training began. Snap! I had a social life and travels to Scotland to add on top of two kids! 

Bottom of "the track" that leads to where we stayed, Whin House, Kildonan, Isle of Arran


I had opportunities to run but was wrecked tired and figured it best to scrape up what sleep I could and have fun. I managed some "greasing the groove" with my calisthenics and a few easy walks so not all was lost. Thursday I managed an eleven miler and despite tired felt alright. I took Friday night off hoping to get sleep, no such luck.



The kids continue to thwart my training with late night "Daaaaaddddy, Daaaaaaddddy" and crying calls for assistance. Whether it's growing teeth or an illness causing coughs, combine it with the usual 5am wake up, I just want 8 solid hours.



I was kind of disappointed I didn't run in Scotland but it was awesome to see my family so really no problem.



So trying to stay positive and motivated doing what I can when I can whether it's running, stretching, strength work, or trying to relax or meditate to recover.


No comments:

Post a Comment