Sunday, May 17, 2015

Recovered.

Last week I managed an 8 miler, with five hill repeats, pushing the Chariot! Very pleased with this workout! I found a quarter mile long hill on the Wyre Forest and figured why not? Kind of a fun experiment, legs were on fire but it was tough to get my heart rate up. 


So I'm very happy with my hernia recovery. The surgeon said I'd be back to normal by mid June. I'd say it took me four weeks. I'm doing 40 mile weeks now with more speed workouts than I'd done in the past. So hopefully I can stay injury free and get faster. I signed up for the Wyre Forest Half, which I've done before, which will be the test run. It's in mid-July and I'm very much looking forward to it. 


A week ago I made it out to the River Severn for sunset. Nice progressive 13 miler. It's so good to be going again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment