Wednesday, May 25, 2016


Been out twice this week and mentally better. A bit sore from faster paced running but good otherwise. Don't know what that mental funk was but the wife chimed in saying I haven't been eating much meat and maybe I was deficient in something. Iron maybe? I know I sometimes forget to eat with the kids taking up so much time. 

So Monday I loaded up on cows and pigs smashed into meatloaf and I felt better. Hopefully that was it.


Tried out some new shoes the other day, Topo Athletic MT-2 trail shoes. 3mm heel to toe drop and a cool foot shaped toe box. Super comfortable to just wear but I think I prefer a softer cushiony feel. My search continues for a trail shoe as the PureGrit has changed too much! 

Been doing more body weight training and including some new goals in that realm. The human flag is a long term goal but clutch flags are going well. Also working toward front and back levers.  I need to construct an outdoor pull-up bar though as my door mounted bar is too low. Oh, I've also added in some grip and finger strength exercises to mix it all up. 

Three weeks out from South Downs Way 100. Fingers crossed I can get in a 20 - 25 miler this weekend and then it's officially time to taper. Next week I may try out a hard downhill specific workout to add durability also. 


I'll finish, I know that, competer or completer, I don't know. The realization is that I don't have the ability to train as I'd like so I just need to accept that and enjoy the ride. It's all base mileage for the future when I hopefully will have more time.

1 comment: