Monday, May 30, 2016

Ten days out from SDW100. No big runs will help now. I missed out on my final long run. I tried but was pushed back to night time and couldn't motivate. Really disappointed, really down about it. 

Ended up going mountain biking Saturday though, which was ok. No offense to the other guys (the husbands of my wife's friends) because they are all nice, but stop talking and ride! These rides are fun but I can run faster than we ride. Post ride we had some beers, talked about things to do with the kids, which all the ideas will be far from my experiences, and the conversation always ends up football. Yew-haw. I'll always be out of my true element here. 

Anyway, I have no idea what will happen at SDW100. Hopefully I'm better off than Lakeland 100 and don't have a complete sufferfest. I'm still tempted to not run (ha, notice my use of "run" not "race?") but it will be fun. I will get to be in my element and around like minded people which is important. 

I have ran very minimally since Malvern. Thought I was back but it seems not. I'm hoping I really did need a 5 week taper. Unlikely though.

Logistics are annoying with the finish which isn't helping as well. No camping. Hotels are $150. No big deal but I need to find a ride and set up a late, late check in as I'll finish hopefully at 2am. Then I need to get back to catch a shuttle by noon. I'm hoping the weather is clear and I'll just have a sleeping bag in my finish line drop bag and sleep in the bushes. However with the way things have been it will most likely rain. 

So we shall see. Hopefully my mental state improves.



No comments:

Post a Comment