Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Training trudges forward. As always I have the time and the want. I'm not recovering though and am wrecked most of the day. 

Ran 9.5 miles yesterday on the Wyre Forest pushing the little guy in the Chariot. Would've been 13 but some asshole with yappy off leash dogs woke him up! Thought they were going to bite me at one point. I hate irresponsible dog owners. I was feeling ok during the run but I could tell I was tired.

Tonight I await my daughter to go to bed and am torn whether to run or not. All I need/want are two 50 mile weeks then it's time to taper, but is it better to rest now? I don't know. What I do know is that you don't run 100 miles by not running! 

I checked my heart rate variability the other night and it pretty much said I was broken. I'll check it again tonight. 

More and more I think South Downs Way 100 will hurt bad. I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be and I know family stress will be relentless. One thing I do have going for me is I'm good at suffering and if it's a revisit of Lakeland 100, I will finish.

A positive note is it's all miles, all experience, and if life ever smooths out and I'm allowed a better schedule I will excel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment