Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Early smoke filled run

flowers in the canal


Well someone cranked up the humidity today. Nothing like MN but damn! Going to be a tough week for miles but I'm pretty sure I can get done what needs to be. The little one has a cold and the wife is in London for two days. I got up at 4am today to get in 7 miles before she left and I'm feeling the early rise, especially since the little one was noisy last night and also took her time getting to sleep. Hoping to get the Chariot out tomorrow but at least some time on the treadmill.



more flowers in the canal
A few more photos from this morning. A recycling plant spontaneously started on fire the other day so the smoldering ruins are still kicking off smoke which I got to run in today. Haven't done that since fighting wildfires in 1996. We were staging at a high school and one of the other crew members and myself would get out at night and run laps on the track for something to do, all the time sucking in the smoke from the surrounding fires. The humidity was far worse though than here in the UK! I think at the time during the day the heat index was 125 degrees Fahrenheit!


pump station, two firefighters were sleeping in here!




No comments:

Post a Comment