Sunday, June 2, 2013

Well running is going ahead as planned which is nice, have been getting some long back to back runs in over the weekends consistently which is what I need. Been doing more squats and lunges to strengthen my quads. I didn't think they were doing much until Saturday. Yesterday (Sat) before work I knocked out 17 miles below 7 minute per mile pace. I did two laps of my 8.5 mile loop, hitting the hills hard, and definitely felt those squats around mile 11! My legs were on fire! Well I guess that is what I was looking for.

Today got out for 13 miles this morning, wanted to get it up to 15 to 17 but with time constraints it didn't happen. Thought about taking the little one out in the Chariot later to make up a few miles but was just unmotivated, tired, and she was grumpy. None the less I ended up taking her out in her normal stroller and power walked 3 miles. This may be a good way to get myself ready for portions I'll have to walk in the Sup 100. Kind of glad actually I left the Chariot at home, it was pretty busy out with the weather being so nice and the canal paths are kind of over grown so not much passing space.

Tonight I got my mountain bike up and running and also swapped the "trailer kit" for the "jogging kit" on the Chariot. Tomorrow I may get the little one out for a bike ride. No running for me. I need a day off but an easy spin would be good to get the blood flowing. Have yet to take the little one out in the trailer so should be fun and a good test ride.

I may have mentioned this in the past but the ball of my right foot grows a pretty big and gnarly callus. It has started to cause a bit of pain now and a I'm guessing that it's slowly forming into a huge deep blister which it has in the past. In doing some research it appears that the best thing to do is get rid of it in order to prevent the inaccessible blister. So this week I need to find the time to do this. I'm thinking that 60 grit sandpaper will be my best bet so tomorrow I may head over to the Home Depot equivalent and do a little shopping. Sandpaper?! Well those stupid pumice stones don't do the job. I'm not looking for nice smooth feet, I'm looking to get rid of skin!

So a rest week this week so my mileage will be cut back, still do speed work, a hill session, and my body weight exercises but no long cardio. Then it's time to up the mileage, I'm hoping to start doing  65 - 75 mile weeks including at least one run over 20 miles. Also need to focus on hill repeats going up and down one day per week.

So that's the plan, we move forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment