Wednesday, July 8, 2015

And Rest.

I've pulled the plug. Too much going on. 

On Tuesday's run I noodled my way to our new house to check out some footpath access and ended up running an easy 10. Really nice loop and run! My right knee was acting up a bit, a tiny bit. Wednesday I opted out of running mainly due to that but since I've been exhausted without consistent sleep I'm not going to stress about hitting 50 this week. 

Instead I'm going to try to rest up to win the half this Sunday. Kind of a tall order since number one to recovery is sleep but taking a few days off running won't hurt despite squeezing in as much JKD and house moving as I can!

I need to get back on my meditation routine again as well. And also consistent calisthenics, even if it's just easy maintenance. Ever since the little dude arrived routine has been lost. Oh, and like everyone intends to do, stretching and rolling! 

Hopefully with this house move my garage will be back in action; treadmill, turbo trainer, heavy bag. That will help having my own space. 

Looking at the entire week's mileage possibly Sunday night I'll get out for an easy 5 - 7 miles and make it a 20+ mile day. That would be ideal but need to get a feel for how family will tolerate that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment