Monday, July 6, 2015

Less than a week until the Wyre Forest Half. Pretty excited for this one, didn't do it last year because it conflicted with Lakeland. I've been running a lot out there on a pretty good chunk of the course which should help.

testing out the new PureGrit


Have had five solid weeks of running which is great. At least three runs of 13 - 15 miles a week as well. Consistency is key. I didn't have it for Lakeland, I did for Superior, so let's see if I can hold on to it while increasing my long run distances for the next five weeks or so until Snowdonia 50. 

out and back at Button Oak, Wyre Forest


Definitely feeling the two 15 mile back to back runs I did while pushing the little dude in the Chariot. The second day I pushed hard on a few of the ascents and really hit the descents to work the eccentric muscle contraction. We'll see if it helps, sure can't hurt. 



This will be a crazy week leading up to the half on Sunday. Moving house on Friday, JKD test Saturday. On the fence about the JKD test, I haven't had the opportunity to train as I'd like to plus I've missed a fair amount of class as well due to the wife. 

start of Staffordshire Worcestershire Canal at Stourport


I'm still pretty sure I'm these crazy times I'll be able to hold on to my 50 - 60 mile per week consistency. However it wouldn't be all bad to take a rest week. 

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on! Good luck with JKD & the race, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I'll be ok!

    ReplyDelete