Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Falling down.

The running has been good but the sleep not so good. Kids. This seems to be the general theme. 

I'm still trying to figure out good loop runs from the house. I've got some great longer routes but I'm lacking in the shorter department. Mainly due to some of the footpaths being overgrown with nettles.


trig point from Ribbesford overlooking Stouport, my house is to the left, poor photo

Put in twenty miles last week on Wednesday which was good. Took the little dude out to the Wyre Forest and pushing him in the Chariot we got in 16 miles. Then at night I tested out the noise  factor with the treadmill in the garage. It was fine and I made up the difference from earlier to hit 20 miles for the day. Very happy with that. Felt decent too! 



Shorter treadmill sessions like that I'll put up the incline and suffer. It's a pretty simple treadmill and maxes out at 8mph so the incline is usually necessary.

St. Leonard's Church cemetery (built 1633!) 

Otherwise I had a poor week last week. Tired. Tough time motivating. I just need to remind myself that recovery is all part of the process and more important than the running. 

With Snowdonia 50 then Cotswold Century coming up I need to focus on 15 - 25 milers so I figure get at least 2 in per week and fill in as I can with shorter runs I should be ok. 

Looking back at my Superior training I did an ass ton of squats; 200 - 400 in sets of 50 per day, body weight, feet together, ass to the ground full range. I'm going to start that too which I think will help. 




No comments:

Post a Comment