Friday, July 17, 2015

Back to normal?

Hmmmm, well this never published! So rather then me update it just pretend it's last week! 

Wednesday's plan to get back running post the crazy week happened, and in a bigger way than planned! I was still tired but dead set on running. As soon as the kids were in bed and my nightly jobs were done I suited up and was out the door about 815pm. An estimate of up the Severn Way to Arley and back the other side of the river following the North Worcestershire Path I figured would be 12 miles. With river crossings at Bewdley and then Arley I'd be committed.

Severn Way heading north to Bewdley


Well my estimation was wrong and as I approached Stourport it was dark and I could've used a headlamp especially in the trees! I ended up running 16 miles! I felt decent and I love that loop as it's about 95% single track along the River Severn. 

Severn Way single track 


Thursday and Friday I got out with the little dude in the Chariot on the Wyre as planned. I was crushed on Thursday. Must've been lack of sleep post 16 miler, I think I got 5 hours, but despite only getting 10 miles it's good to run when you feel like shit. If you never leave your comfort zone you'll never improve. 

Victoria Bridge just before Arley (Severn Valley Railway)


My garage is slowly coming together. The heavy bag is up, treadmill fits nicely, there's space for my wind trainer and bike if necessary. A quick Kali stick session with the wife noise checking and it looks to be solid enough for sound!  Just need to find a place for my rock rings, pull up bar, and maybe procure a heavier kettle bell or two, and possibly some form of dip station. 

River Severn from Arley footbridge


My body weight program has sloughed yet again. I've been no where near as diligent as in the past but I feel that for now as long as I can maintain I should be ok. 

property of the Queen


Today I'm working and for the first time I'll be driving. Parking is a bitch everywhere here and not cheap. So, I'm planning on parking (for free) about 1.5 - 2 miles away from work and running in! My co-workers do this and either walk or use scooters!  I need to figure the timing out and fine tune my running backpack. Theoretically I could get up to 9 miles in now on work days which is pretty sweet. 

North Worcestershire Path going SE along River Severn


Photos are all from my run to Arley. Sorry they're not fine tuned. I've been blogging from my phone app and haven't been making photo work with Lightroom a priority. If I like any especially I'll usually see what I can manipulate on Instagram which you can see to the right! I'll try to get captions up later today if they aren't up yet.

just before Bewdley

No comments:

Post a Comment