Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pre-race


Pretend this is dated last Thursday! I forgot to post it, it's also unfinished but now it really doesn't matter! 

I've ran twice in the past ten days. I guess that means I've been tapering for Snowdonia 50! Honestly I probably needed it. At least I know I won't be going into it over trained! 

I'm excited. It should be a cool run whether I end up being a Competer or just a Completer! 

I need to look at all this hard work that seems is for nothing as what it truly is: base building for the future. I may not have the ideal training schedule I want now but if I can overcome this time now while increasing my fitness under stress and poor conditions I can only hope it will pay off. 

Patience. Positivity. My time will come. 

All geared up for the race. The kit list is the same as Lakeland 100 so I'll have pretty much exactly what I had before with a tad less food, lower powered headlamp, and since it looks to be raining maybe a long sleeve. 

Hoping to head out about 4pm Friday. Race start is Saturday at 630am. 58 miles, 8000 vertical feet. 

Sorry but there's no tracking. There may be a Twitter feed or Facebook updates through the race director but I'm not sure. Here the info:

Website: http://snowdonia50.com
Twitter: @snowdonia50
Facebook: 


No comments:

Post a Comment