Saturday, August 1, 2015

Well it's Sunday and I've ran twice this week for a total of 20 miles. Life isn't treating my training very nicely. Not too sure how I feel about it all. Stress is high with the wife's job, moving house, still getting settled, kids, etc. I'm fairly proud of the sod I laid in my yard though! Just hope it lives!

Hoping for a solid long run tonight. Have family in town starting this afternoon which are normally 50/50 burden/help. More like 75/25 now I reconsider! It is good to see them though since its unfortunately a very rare occurrence, even for the "local" family.  

I think I need to get a race vest out, load it with my big headlamp, food, water, normal camera and just go. Having extra stuff and the option of brightening the darkness is motivating. 20 - 30 miles would be nice and ideal. 

Tomorrow I'm getting away to ride mountain bikes with a co-worker of mine at Cannock Chase. Very very excited! Cannock is a mountain bike "trail center" with sweet maintained single track and all the amenities at the parking lot (food, showers, bike wash, bike shop!). Think of going to an alpine ski area but for mountain bikes and it's free! Check out their YouTube page!  

The guy I'm riding with has fitness too! Ironman finisher, ultra runner, now full time cyclist due to a knee injury from getting hit by a car bike commuting. He's stoked too so it will be fun. Not that I mind riding with the less fit, it's all fun, but getting the heart rate up and covering more miles will be great. I look forward to hearing "let's do another lap!" versus "I'm tired let's get some food."

No comments:

Post a Comment