Sunday, February 2, 2020

Another hernia? A giant race looms.

Things were going really well until last week. I developed an odd pain in my upper quad. I did the usual to get rid of it, rested, foam rolled, stretched, iced, ibuprofen. It’s still there. However after my strength workout yesterday I noticed slight pressure in my groin. 

Above the scar from a previous hernia surgery I noticed a bump when I exhale. Maybe I’m just worried about it and never noticed it, but it appears I may have another hernia. I guess only a doctor can confirm that, but if so, depending on any surgery dates, a spring marathon is out of the question and likely West Highland Way.




On a positive note I’m in the Tor des Geants lottery. I’m likely to get in. It’s 205 or so miles with around 75,000 vertical feet of climbing through the Aosta Valley in Italy. It’s big, scary, and in September. Why do I do these things! With an expedient surgery I could likely still make this happen, much like my last hernia, a fall race worked out fine. 

I guess the first step is a doctor appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment