Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Nope. Not a hernia.

Well a quick trip to the doctor confirmed it’s not a hernia. I guess that’s a relief but I still don’t know what it is. I’m going to treat it as a muscle strain; ice ibuprofen, rest, etc, and see what happens. And of course try not to go crazy. It may be time to get the bike out and set up in the furniture and toy filled garage. 

Haven’t been messing around on Strava much. I figure most of my runs are boring slow run commutes and with no photos to share who cares, so I keep them hidden. Was back up to 60 mile weeks until this quad thing hit. I’d guess I’d bounce back fairly quick again once this heals up. It’s frustrating seeing consistency go away however. Consistency is key in running or exercise in general if you want to improve. 

Motivation for JKD is returning. We had a black belt class last weekend and received the curriculum for the next phase test. The new curriculum is really fun, and there’s an obvious expectation that comes with the rest of the previous stuff. I need to be practicing more in order to perform at this level. The new curriculum filled a gap that I needed. That gap was structure, as what to focus on at home. I struggle with “what should I be doing?”  

The warm up for the next test (which is at an unknown date as of now) has 50 burpees on it, as well as the other usual exercises 60 each x push ups, sit ups, jump jacks. 50 burpees is hard and intimidating even for me! So I need to work on burpees. We of course have quite a bit of new curriculum to learn, and there’s a high expectation of knowing the old curriculum as well. 

So, physical fitness, shadow boxing (empty hand, stick, stick and knife), new curriculum, old curriculum.  There’s some structure for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment