Monday, September 3, 2012


After kind of a downer day reminiscing things always head back up. First of all my parents are hoping to come over here for a visit, I haven't seen them in almost a year now and we weren't planning a US visit until Christmas. Glad they are trying to make it happen as is my daughter!

Also, I got a Facebook message from a guy I raced against in the North Downs Way 50 the other day. He got in touch to see if I'd be interested in running the Brecon Beacons Ultra in November. This race sold out in 20 hours this year and supposedly quite a few big guns show up to compete. Not to mention the race has cash money for the top three runners. Pretty cool this guy thought of me. They also have a team category where I assume they compile your team times and the fastest team wins which is also why he got in touch so I could be on his team.


I was really psyched about this. Not only have I been down since I don't know any "like-minded" individuals here but I was itchin' to get in another ultra. Once again really cool this dude thought of me.  So that is in the works, still working on the details and waiting to hear back or get the go ahead to contact the race director. STOKED!!!!!


Got out Saturday and Sunday for about 9 miles both days. On Sunday kind of figured out a decent hill routine/workout but it takes some time. The hill is good enough for repeats, and it seems to be the best around but is 4 miles from my house. It also is sizable enough to accumulate some vert. It's funny reading that, never thought I'd have to try to find vert! Anyway, so about a 4 mile warm up, then bang out some hill work, then 4 miles home. Good workout but the time frame isn't too nice. Ideally I'd love to be back within an hour but depending on how many and what type of repeats I do the time can end up towards 2 hours. Well I guess I'll just have to plan ahead.

Off today but messing around with one arm pull-up lock offs, push ups, etc. Mainly upper body stuff. Legs need a rest after all the hills and fartleks from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment